Coram is a leading international player in bathroom products with special focus on accessories and shower enclosures. With well-established brands like Geesa, Tiger and Sealskin, and a focus on design and innovation, Coram’s products provide for common and daily needs, with an eye to everyone’s personal circumstances and comfort.
Coram has grown to become a broad-based organisation operating internationally in bathroom products and plastics injection-moulding techniques with own offices in the Netherlands, Belgium, Nordics, UK and Poland and represented in more than 50 countries worldwide via a distributor network.
Within our Business Unit DIY the position of Sales Manager DIY Netherlands has become vacant for which we would like to recruit a new member to our team.
The position: Sales Manager DIY Netherlands
In the DIY channel Coram offers a wide range of quality sanitary products including selective series to its various retail partners. We hold strong market shares in The Netherlands from a long history of successful activities combined with solid partnerships and collaborations with our customers. Recent pandemic circumstances have increased the importance in quality of housing leading to new opportunities and trends for our brands both on shop floor as well as online.
As Sales Manager you are responsible for managing all DIY sales activities within the Dutch market. You work together with our customers like Intergamma, Maxeda, Hornbach, Bauhaus and DGN but also home decoration stores and other opportunities to sell our products. Your objective is to further expand existing partnerships with key accounts through innovation, category management, promotional activities and tender processes for both bricks&clicks. You identify new revenue opportunities based on experience and by unleashing the full potential of our Coram portfolio. You manage the Dutch sales team and work together with the customer service, marketing, product development, digital, business controlling and supply chain departments.
You report to the Managing Director DIY and become part of his international (sales)-team.
You are accountable for the set financial P&L targets and motivated to achieve these in accordance with the strategy and guidelines of the company. You do this in collaboration with your team based on return-on-investment criteria and an entrepreneurial mindset.
Key to a successful performance in this role is the ability to profitably develop the DIY business in an evolving market landscape and to manage the Coram transformation in strong alignment with both our key customers as the internal organization.
Personal Characteristics and Competences:
- Completed HBO/Academic degree;
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in the FMCG or Retail/DIY sector with at least 5 years’ experience as National Account Manager or Sales Manager. Has a strong customer focus and a proven track record of sales achievements and customer partnerships;
- Excellent Sales understanding. Strong negotiator. Keeps focus on agreed targets and objectives. Fighting spirit, plays to win, energetic, determined. Delivers in time, with impact & quality. Sound financial awareness, cost conscious;
- Understands the power of category management and the importance of portfolio management. Sets this a basis for account plans and business cases;
- Passion for design, enthusiasm for true innovation. Inquisitive by nature, can develop new concepts and solutions, convinces through arguments. Flexible mind, adaptive, full of initiative. Change oriented, challenges the status-quo;
- Proven leader among employees, relevant management experience of both in house and field sales personnel. Strong leadership qualities both with customers and employees;
- Operates effectively at all levels within an organisation. Strong analytical and pragmatic project management skills. Hands on and can do mentality;
- Works in an organized and structured way and is efficient and effective in time management. Strong written and verbal communication skills both in Dutch and English and equally strong listening skills;
- Potential and ambition to develop a career within Coram.
Have you become enthusiastic and are you ready for a new step?
Mail your application with CV to Judith Cats, HR Manager, email: email@example.com.
We do not use recruitment agencies to fill this vacancy, acquisition is not appreciated.
Location: Hogeweg 87 – 93, Zaltbommel